Wednesday 20 May 2015

Handmade Cards

Hi peeps,

first of all, thank you for your patience and also for all of the likes over on Facebook!   It has made me smile a lot to see so many people stopping by there to give my page a like.   Also, my apologies again for any lack of real content over here.   I really need to get my act together.

For today, I am just sharing some of the cards I have made this year so far, I hope peeps enjoy seeing them and I hope to be back soon with some more shares as I have several projects in the pipelines :)



This first one I made back in February for my Sister-In-Law's birthday.  First time I had also decorated a bag to go along with the Paddington suitcase....lots of fun!


This easel card was made back in March for my other Sister-In-Law's birthday.   I love to make my own flowers, and the one on the bottom left was handmade by me from scratch - no dies or templates.  I used/recycled some old book pages which I folded and cut, then inked and stamped on.  The centre is a pearl which I glittered.  Hoping to make many, many more flowers in the future.   The topper is from a Kanban decoupage sheet I have had in my stash for a while.  Unfortunately, they are no longer selling as far as I am aware, which is such a shame as I love their products!


I loved making this oriental screen card for my Mother-In-Law's birthday back in March.  The images and template are from a Debbi Moore CD - "Glitter and Glitz Oriental".  Lots of detail on this which unfortunately you cannot see too clearly on this photo - the edges of the screen are all glossy accent glazed, and the ladies themselves are glittered and have pearls placed on their jewellery.  This took some cutting out, but the end result was worth it!




Three Mother's Day cards which were lots of fun to make.  I loved distressing the edges of the paper to give a softer feel to the card.  This is a new technique I learned earlier this year and is now a firm favourite of mine.  The first card also has another handmade flower - this time the pages were coloured using my Spectrum Noir pens


A simple gothic card made for our friend's son's 15th birthday.   The image is from Debbi Moore's "Twilight" CD series.  Again, the photo doesn't quite capture the gloss which is on the edging of the coffin and also the sentiment along the bottom.


Another simple card with an adorable image from Hunky Dory.  First time I have used so many layers, but I loved the finished result.

I have one more card to add here, but as yet I have to take a picture.  The light is not the best right now, so I shall do so in the morning and get it posted.

Thanks for looking and I hope one and all are having a brilliant week.

Take care



No comments: